MECAs Core Values
- Communication: We listen and communicate effectively in order to understand the implications of change in care required for each referring veterinarian (rDVM) and client better and faster than anyone else. Our attentive approach to the clients and rDVMs and our own employees will allow us to develop programs and procedures that reflect what we learn from our valued team.
- Learning: We are constantly learning because we know that this is the way to excellence in all that we do. We will educate ourselves, the public and our referring hospitals, and be a resource of knowledge for our community.
- Team: We will care for and nurture a team service environment. We recognize our staff as being our most valued resource, and we retain and attract team members through meaningful, as well as genuine reward and recognition programs.
- Accountability: We do our best every day and work together to solve problems and improve our services. We recognize the importance of feedback and cherish an environment where discussion, debate and conflict-resolution result in constant improvement.
- Respect and Balance: Each employee has an integral role in care for our patients and clients. While the amount of responsibility may differ, the importance of each position and the person performing does not. We support our fellow employees’ efforts to balance the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, financial, and spiritual dimensions of their lives as each of these contributes to overall personal wellness and enjoyment of work.
MECAs Mission Statement
Our mission is to be the leader in providing high-quality critical and specialty pet health care in Wisconsin. Through our staff’s excellence, dedication, compassion and professional demeanor, we will medically treat each patient and educate our client and rDVM so they can become an active participant in their pet’s vet medical care.
MECAs Vision Statement
We are the national model of excellence for veterinary hospital emergency, critical care and DVM referral services. The people and animals that we help will remember us, not only for our excellent medicine but for our communication and case management, which is second to none. All employees and associates share our values, are committed to our mission and live by the credo of continuous improvement. Our facility is the gold standard for Emergency Vet Animal Hospital Milwaukee, and our staff is known for their compassion and courtesy. We do not rest until we know that we have surpassed our clients’ expectations and have done the very best we can for every patient we are privileged to treat.